Carroll County

Recorder’s Office


Office Phone: 330-627-4545
Office Fax: 330-627-4295

Office Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-4pm

New Law as of July 1, 2009

317.114 Standard format of instruments to be recorded.
(A) Except as otherwise provided in division (B) of this section, an instrument or document presented for recording to the county recorder shall have been prepared in accordance with all of the following requirements:

(1) Print size not smaller than a computer font size of ten;
(2) Minimum paper size of eight and one-half inches by eleven inches;
(3) Maximum paper size of eight and one-half inches by fourteen inches;
(4) Black or blue ink only;
(5) No use of highlighting;
(6) Margins of one-inch width on each side of each page of the instrument or document;
(7) A margin of one-inch width across the bottom of each page of the instrument or document;
(8) A three-inch margin of blank space across the top of the first page of each instrument or document to accomodate any certification or indorsement of the county engineer, county auditor, or county recorder, as may be required by law, with the right half of that margin being reserved for the indorsement of the county recorder required by section 317.12 of the Revised Code; and
(9) A one and one-half-inch margin across the top of each of the remaining pages of the instrument or document.

The county recorder shall accept for recording an instrument or document that does not conform to the foregoing requirements but shall charge and collect the following additional fees for each such instrument or document; an additional base fee for the recorder’s services of ten dollars and a housing trust fund fee of ten dollars, which shall be collected pursuant to section 317.36 of the Revised Code.

(B) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(1) Any document that originates with any court or taxing authority;

(2) Any document authorized to be recorded under section 317.24 of the Revised Code;

(3) Any plat, as defined in section 711.001 of the Revised Code, that is required or authorized by the Revised Code to be recorded;

(4) Any document authorized to be recorded that originates from any state or federal agency;

(5) Any document executed before the effective date of this section.

Effective Date: 2008 HB525 07-01-2009

This office will accept conveyances by mail as long as the document(s) have all the required stamps/approvals and the money is correct. We DO NOT walk the documents around to the Engineer (Map office) and the Auditor. We will accept and do our part in the process but we will mail the document(s) back to you, the submitter.

You may not be aware that our office files electronically. You may want to consider to eRecord. I have attached a list of my office’s vendor’s with information in order to contact whomever you may choose. Please understand, if you do not wish to eRecord or walk the document in to the county, I would recommend you send the document to the Engineer (Map office), Auditor and Recorder and include a self-addressed legal size stamped envelope to each office whereas we can return the document(s) to you. Please understand each office will return the document(s) once they have been checked by that particular office. You, as a submitter will then send the document(s) back to each individual office and in turn they will be sent back to you in the mail with a self-addressed legal size envelope.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. My staff and certainly trying to work through this as quickly as possible for you.

If you have any questions, pertaining to this change, please do not hesitate to contact my staff or I at (330) 627-4545 Hours 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM

Contact Us

119 South Lisbon Street, Suite 205
Carrollton, Ohio 44615
Phone: 330-627-4545
Fax: 330-627-4295

Email the Recorder at:

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Start typing and press Enter to search